Cilantro Lime Sour Cream makes an excellent condiment for many different dishes, adds a tangy lime flavor, and is super creamy!
CILANTRO LIME SOUR CREAM INGREDIENTS
You may have all of these ingredients for this easy cilantro lime sour cream sauce recipe in your refrigerator or pantry and not need to make a trip to the grocery store! If this is your first time making this delicious recipe you might want to read the possible variations before deciding on your ingredients.
- Sour Cream: Use your favorite brand or make a homemade dairy free sour cream
- Herbs: fresh cilantro
- Spices: garlic (you can substitute garlic powder if needed), salt
- Etc: fresh lime juice
Try some of these sour cream variations to suit your needs!
Dairy Free: Use our guide to make dairy free sour cream for the base then add the cilantro, lime, garlic, and salt.
Greek Yogurt: Swap the sour cream for your favorite plain Greek yogurt for extra protein or a healthier option.
Mexican Crema: Add some mayo in with the sour cream for a more traditional crema. Authentically crema is usually made with heavy cream and buttermilk.
Enjoy this great cilantro lime sour cream with so many different recipes:
- Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowls– A simple lunch (or dinner) dish that is also great for meal prepping.
- Air Fryer Chicken Stuffed Pasta Shells – An easy and delicious way to use the leftover chipotle chicken if you get tired of chipotle chicken tacos.
- Air Fryer Chipotle Chicken Wings – These are so good you won't want to stop eating them.
- Chipotle Chicken Sheet Pan Fajitas - Making fajitas on a sheet pan is one of the easiest ways to make dinner!
- Chicken and Pineapple Kabobs - Time to fire up the grill for these delicious kabobs.
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup - Just dump the ingredients in and you have delicious soup the whole family loves in less than 30 minutes!
- Crock Pot Chipotle Chicken Tacos - Easy chicken tacos with the perfect amount of spice? Yes, please!
- food processor or blender
Follow the full instructions and kitchen tips and quick tips for the best way to make this recipe. Don't forget to check the prep time and cook time in the recipe card below before you begin.Jump to Recipe
COMBINE INGREDIENTS: Add the sour cream, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, and salt to a food processor or high speed blender.
BLEND: Pulse until the sour cream is smooth in consistency.
Storing your food properly is important to prevent spoiling or food poisoning.
Refrigerate: Store in an airtight container or ziploc bag and refrigerate for up to 3 days if you can't eat it the next day.
Freeze: Store in an airtight, freezer safe, container. If you're storing in a zip top plastic bag, try to get as much air out as possible. Freeze for up to 3 months. Freezing it will result in a change in texture but it won't go bad.
Defrosting: A great way to defrost is in the refrigerator overnight.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click the questions to see the answer.
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt