This fun recipe takes your favorite candy bar to a whole new level. If you are a fan of peanut butter and chocolate you must try this recipe for battered Snickers. However, you can pick any candy bar of your liking and enjoy this classic American fair treat at home.
Put your chosen candy bar on a skewer, dip it in batter, and deep fry it golden brown. It is that easy! So no more waiting till the next carnival, you can make these yummy goodies at home in a jiffy.
You can use our recipe to make all kinds of deep fried candy bars. There are no limits to what you can try or fry. In case you need some inspiration, TWIX and MARS bars are a great choice for caramel lovers, or here are a few other suggestions:
- Deep fried Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Deep fried Kit Kats
- Fried Milky Way
- Deep fried Oreos
DEEP FRIED SNICKERS INGREDIENTS
You may have all of these deep fried candy bar ingredients in your refrigerator or pantry and not need to make a trip to the grocery store. See recipe card below for ingredient amounts.Jump to Recipe
- Bisquick pancake mix
- Milk: Whole or skim milk work well in this recipe.
- Vegetable oil: Canola oil can be substituted.
- Snickers bars: Use 12 mini Snickers (fun size) or 6 full size Snickers bars. You can of course also substitute any of your favorite candy bars.
If you'd like to print this recipe, scroll down to the recipe card where you can print the recipe or have it scaled to double or triple. You'll also find nutrition information.Jump to Recipe
TOOLS AND SUPPLIES NEEDED:
- dutch oven or other heavy bottom pot
- candy thermometer or oil thermometer
- medium bowl
- whisk or hand mixer
- slotted spoon or utensil
- Optional: bamboo skewers
PREHEAT THE OIL: In a heavy dutch oven or heavy bottom pot, add 5-6 inches of vegetable oil for frying. It is best to use a candy thermometer to make sure the temperature is what you want. Bring to 375 ºF.
COMBINE PANCAKE BATTER INGREDIENTS: Add pancake mix, milk, vegetable oil and egg to a mixing bowl.
WHISK PANCAKE BATTER: Whisk until most of the lumps are gone. The mixture should be thick enough to coat your Snickers without the batter running off. Add more mix if the batter is too thin. Let batter sit for 5 minutes.
COVER WITH BATTER: Coat Snickers completely with the pancake batter.
REMOVE EXCESS BATTER: Shake gently to allow excess batter to drip off.
DEEP FRY: Carefully place battered Snickers into the hot oil. Use tongs or another utensil to keep it under the oil if it bobs to the top. Flip occasionally to get an even deep golden brown color.
REMOVE FROM OIL: Remove golden battered Snickers from the oil. Place on a wire rack covered in paper towel to absorb excess oil. Repeat with the rest of the Snickers.
COOL: Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes then eat while warm.
While we love deep fried Snickers we also love some of these other recipes and think you will as well.
- DEEP FRIED CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHEESECAKE HAND PIES: Crispy and flaky on the outside and creamy on the inside, these hand pies are every chocolate and peanut butter lovers dream.
- DEEP FRIED PEANUT BUTTER BALLS: If you love all things peanut butter, you will devour these chocolate peanut butter treats.
- FRIED S'MORES: This new twist on an American classic will sure be a hit at your next summer bbq.
- CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER TRUFFLES: These decadent little desserts are a sure delight. They are fun to make and you can get creative with decoration.
- DEEP FRIED COOKIE DOUGH: If you also cannot wait till the cookie is baked, this recipe is for you.
- FRIED OREOS: These fried oreos are super yummy and easy to make at home. Try our recipe to surprise your family with these fun American fair treats.
- PEANUT BUTTER CHEESECAKE DIP: This simple and quick peanut butter cheesecake dip will be a hit with your family or at your next party.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 1 cup Bisquick pancake mix
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 12 mini Snickers - or 6 full size Snickers
- Optional bamboo skewers
- Oil for frying
- Fill a heavy bottom pot 5-6 inches deep with vegetable oil. Use an oil or candy thermometer in the oil to monitor the temperature. Bring oil to 375°F.
- Add pancake mix, milk, vegetable oil and egg to a mixing bowl.
- Whisk until most of the lumps are gone. Batter should be thick enough to coat your Snickers without the batter running off. Add more mix if the batter is too runny or more milk if it is too thick. Let batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Optional: Put a skewer in the Snickers.
- Coat Snickers in your batter.
- Shake gently to remove excess batter.
- Gently place battered Snickers into the hot oil. Use a utensil to keep it under the oil if it bobs to the top.
- Remove Snickers from oil when it is a deep golden color. Place on a wire rack covered in paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Alllow to cool for 5-10 minutes, then eat while warm.