Cilantro Lime Butter is made with just 3 simple ingredients but can be added to a variety of dishes for more of a fresh and zesty flavor.
Making your own butter is not hard and you would not believe the extra flavor the lime and cilantro bring in.
You can use herbed butters like this one on seafood dishes, such as salmon and shrimp recipes, it's great for steaks, and we love it on chicken. Let's not forget that if you are serving dinner rolls you can spread it there too.
Another popular option is when you are making grilled vegetables (like corn on the cob), or sauteing a variety of veggies in a skillet. The refreshing flavors are really great during the spring and summer months.
CILANTRO LIME COMPOUND BUTTER INGREDIENTS
You may have all of these ingredients for this simple recipe in your refrigerator or pantry and not need to make a trip to the grocery store! If this is your first time making this delicious recipe you might want to read the possible variations before deciding on your ingredients.
- Butter: We are using salted, but if you prefer to use unsalted butter you may want to add salt before refrigerating.
- Lime Juice: Fresh lime juice is best, but you can always use store bought if needed.
- Fresh Cilantro: If you really are a cilantro fan you can use more than what is called for in the recipe card.
Try these possible variations of this cilantro lime butter recipe.
Enjoy this great recipe as an addition to a tasty meal, special family dinner or dinner party with these other recipes:
- Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowls– A simple lunch (or dinner) dish that is also great for meal prepping.
- Chipotle Chicken Sheet Pan Fajitas - Making fajitas on a sheet pan is one of the easiest ways to make dinner!
- Crock Pot Chipotle Chicken Tacos - Easy chicken tacos with the perfect amount of spice? Yes, please!
- sharp knife
- juicer (optional)
- food processor or blender
Follow the full instructions and kitchen tips and quick tips for the best way to make this recipe. Don't forget to check the prep time and cook time in the recipe card below before you begin.
COMBINE: Add the softened salted butter, lime juice, and cilantro into the food processor or high speed blender.
BLEND: Pulse until the butter is smooth and totally blended.
REFRIGERATE: Take the cilantro butter out of the food processor and let it chill in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
MOLD INTO CYLINDER: After removing the butter from the food processor, you can mold the butter into a cylinder with plastic wrap or wax paper. Once it's hardened in the refrigerator you can slice it into nice round patties.
Storing your food properly is important to prevent spoiling or food poisoning.
Refrigerate: Store in an airtight container or ziploc bag and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Freeze: Store in an airtight, freezer safe, container. If you're storing in a zip top plastic bag, try to get as much air out as possible. Freeze for up to 1 month.
Defrosting: Allow the butter to sit out on the counter for 15-20 minutes before using.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click the questions to see the answer.
- ½ cup salted butter, slightly softened
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice