Cherry Cheesecake Hand Pies are easy to make using a premade crust, delectable, and topped with a homemade sweet glaze. If you love all things cherry but are also a huge fan of cheesecake, then you are going to love these air fryer turnovers.
The made from scratch glaze really brings all of the flavors together with just the right amount of sweetness. It's basically like having a tasty pie and cheesecake all together in one, except no fork needed.
CHERRY CHEESECAKE HAND PIE INGREDIENTS
You may have all of these ingredients for this easy desset recipe in your refrigerator or pantry and not need to make a trip to the grocery store! If this is your first time making this delicious recipe you might want to read the possible variations before deciding on your ingredients.
- Crust: Use a refrigerated pie crust or a frozen pie crust, defrosted. Water for sealing.
- Filling: cherry pie filling, cream cheese, sugar, egg
- Glaze: powdered sugar, milk, corn syrup
MORE HAND PIE IDEAS
Enjoy these other variations of easy air fryer hand pies:
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Hand Pies
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Hand Pies
- Turtle Hand Pies
- Blueberry Hand Pies
- sharp knife or pastry cutter
- basting brush
- cutting board
- parchment paper (optional)
- air fryer
- cookie or biscuit cutter
Follow the full instructions and kitchen tips and quick tips for the best way to make this recipe. Don't forget to check the prep time and cook time in the recipe card below before you begin.
PREPARE PIE CRUST: Take the pie crusts out of the fridge and out of the packaging 30 minutes before making the pies, allowing them to come to room temperature.
MAKE FILLING: To make the cheesecake filling, beat together (using an electric mixer) the cream cheese, egg, and sugar, then set aside.
PREPARE THE CRUST: Unroll the pie crusts on a piece of parchment paper or a lightly floured surface. Cut out as many 4 inch circles from the dough as possible using a cookie or biscuit cutter. Roll the scraps together and flatten to make additional rounds. You may need a rolling pin.
ADD PIE FILLING: Add a spoonful of the cheesecake mixture to the center of each of the 6 pie rounds. Top with a spoonful of cherry pie filling.
SLIT THE CRUST: On the pie crusts that do not have filling in them, cut three slits across the top to allow the steam to release when cooking.
BRUSH WITH WATER: On the pie crust with the slits, use a brush to apply water. Place the wet side down on top of the filled crusts.
SEAL: Once the crusts are lined up, use your fingers to press the sides together.
ADD TO AIR FRYER: Place as many cherry hand pies as you can fit in your air fryer basket without them touching.
BAKING TIME: Bake the hand pies at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until they are golden and flakey.
MAKING THE GLAZE: Whisk together the milk, powdered sugar, and corn syrup in a small mixing bowl until all of the ingredients are combined.
BRUSH: Immediately after the cherry pies are finished air frying, apply the glaze by using a party brush and all them to dry for about 15 minutes before serving.
Storing your food properly is important to prevent spoiling or food poisoning.
Countertop: Store in an airtight container or ziploc bag and store on the counter for up to 3 days.
Reheat: Use the microwave, air fryer, or toaster oven to reheat leftovers.
Defrosting: A great way to defrost is in the refrigerator overnight.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click the questions to see the answer.
Hand Pie Ingredients:
- 1 package of two refrigerated pie crusts
- 21 oz. can cherry pie filling
- Water for sealing crusts
Cream Cheese Filling Ingredients:
- 8 ounces cream cheese - softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ⅛ cup whole milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons corn syrup
- Remove pie crusts from refrigerator and set out to bring to room temperature 30 minutes before preparing the recipe.
- Make the cheesecake filling by beating together cream cheese, sugar, and egg until well blended. Set aside. (You will have extra cheesecake filling. If you’d like to halve the recipe, beat the egg and then divide in half before combining with the other ingredients.)
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll the pie crusts. Use a 4” biscuit or cookie cutter (we used a fluted biscuit cutter) to cut out as many circular crusts as you can from the pie crust (you will need 12 total). Press together the pie crust scraps and re roll to the same thickness as the packaged pie crusts. Cut out any additional rounds to make 12.
- On each of 6 crusts, place a spoonful of cherry pie filling. Add a tablespoon or so of the cheesecake filling on top of the cherry filling.
- Cut several slits into the center of the other 6 pie crust pieces. Brush the crusts with water and then place, moistened side down, over the filled pie crusts. Match up all of the edges and press well to seal.
- Flip up the edges around the pies to seal and make a beautiful edge.
- Set four hand pies (or however many fit) at a time into the air fryer basket. Bake for 10 minutes at 350° until the pies are golden and flakey.
- Prepare the glaze by whisking together the glaze ingredients until smooth. Brush over the warm hand pies as soon as they come out of the air fryer.
- Hand pies will set and dry in about 15 minutes.
MORE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- Air Fryer Naan Pizza
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Fried Fish Tacos
- Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Cookie for One