These easy and delicious biscuit bites are perfect for cheese lovers. They cook up quickly and perfectly in the air fryer. There is simply nothing better than soft and flaky biscuit dough wrapped around melty cheese. You can easily personalize these treats by trying different sorts of cheese or adding different ingredients like ham, pepperoni or eggs to the filling.
No doubt, cheese bombs make the perfect appetizer for any meal and are best served with a bowl of marinara sauce. If you don't want to use a store bought sauce, then check out our recipe for insanely good homemade marinara sauce.
Cheese biscuit bites are also great as a side for soups and salads or a perfect game day snack or party food.
- BREAKFAST BISCUIT BITES – These biscuit bites are filled with scrambled eggs and crisp bacon for a perfect handheld breakfast.
- HAM AND CHEESE SANDWICH BITES – Ham and cheese wrapped in a flaky biscuit crust and baked in the air fryer. A quick and easy twist on a traditional sandwich.
- PEPPERONI BOMBS – Simply add 1-2 slices of pepperoni to your cheese center and prepare as described.
AIR FRYER 3 CHEESE BOMBS INGREDIENTS
You may have all of these cheese biscuit bites ingredients in your refrigerator or pantry and not need to make a trip to the grocery store. See recipe card below for ingredient amounts.Jump to Recipe
- Refrigerated biscuits: We used large canned Grands biscuits, but canned crescent dough or pizza dough can be substituted.
- Cheddar Cheese: You can substitute your favorite cheese.
- Monterey Jack Cheese: You can substitute your favorite cheese.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Use a block or mozzarella cheese sticks. You can also substitute your favorite cheese.
- Italian seasoning: Oregano or pizza seasoning can be substituted.
Enjoy this great recipe as a great addition to a full Italian style meal with these other recipes:
- FETTUCCINE PESTO – You can toss this amazing homemade pesto with your favorite noodles and enjoy together with chicken, shrimp or meatballs.
- EASY ITALIAN SALAD – This easy and nutritious Italian salad is a great addition to any meal.
- NO BAKE CHOCOLATE LASAGNA – This no bake layered chocolate dessert is an absolute creamy chocolate indulgence. Your family will love it!
- Favorite cheeses – You can get creative with the cheese filling, try Swiss cheese, Gruyere, pepper jack, brie or any type of cheese you prefer.
- Canned dough – In case you ran out of canned biscuits, you can also use refrigerated canned crescent dough or pizza dough for similar results.
- Toppings – You can also top your cheese bombs with oregano or pizza seasoning. For a bit of a salty kick, try sprinkling them with a little salt. Another great option would be some everything-bagel seasoning. You can even top biscuit bombs with some chopped fresh basil, but only after they are done baking to keep the fresh green color. Freshly grated parmesan cheese would also be a yummy topping choice.
If you'd like to print this recipe, scroll down to the recipe card where you can print the recipe or have it scaled to double or triple. You'll also find nutrition information.Jump to Recipe
TOOLS AND SUPPLIES NEEDED:
- knife and cutting board
- pastry brush
- air fryer
CUT CHEESE: Cut each type of cheese into 16 cubes. Set aside.
PREPARE DOUGH: Open the can of biscuits and separate dough pieces. Split each biscuit in half, so you end up with 16 pieces of biscuit dough.
SHAPE DOUGH: Flatten each biscuit piece into a circular shape.
FILL: Place 3 pieces of cheese (one of each type of cheese) in the center of the biscuit circle.
SHAPE BISCUIT BOMBS: Wrap the biscuit dough around the cheese and seal closed with your fingers.
PLACE IN AIR FRYER: Place cheese bombs into the air fryer basket so they are not touching. You might have to do two batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
BASTE WITH BUTTER: Baste the tops of the cheese bombs with the melted butter using a pastry brush.
SPRINKLE WITH TOPPING: Sprinkle cheese bombs with Italian seasoning.
AIR FRY CHEESE BOMBS: Cook in the air fryer at 350ºF for 6 minutes. Time may vary depending on your machine so check them at 5 minutes.
COOL: Let them cool for a few minutes before eating.
Refrigerate: If you have leftover cheese bombs, store them in an airtight container or ziplock back in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, pop them in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds.
Freeze: If you would like to freeze your leftovers, individually wrap each biscuit bite with plastic wrap and put them into a ziptop freezer bag or an airtight container. Biscuit bombs can be frozen for up to a month.
Defrost: To defrost, unwrap desired number of biscuit bites completely and put them on a microwave safe plate. Cover them with a paper towel. Reheat in the microwave for 1 - 1 ½ minutes, depending on your machine.
While we love 3 cheese bombs we also love some of these other recipes and think you will as well.
- BREAKFAST BISCUIT BITES – The ideal brunch addition, these little breakfast bites combine the classic breakfast flavors of eggs and bacon.
- HAM AND CHEESE SANDWICH BITES – These little ham and cheese bites are the perfect for a breakfast on the go, but they are also great for a party or cocktails with friends.
- PIZZA BOMBS - Delicious and easy pizza bites with your favorite pizza toppings.
- MEATBALL SUB BITES - If you love meatballs you'll love these!
- APPLE PIE PULL APART BREAD - This super easy recipe is must try for everyone who loves apple pie. If for breakfast or dessert, this cinnamon-apple goodness is a sure hit.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 1 can large refrigerator biscuits
- 6 oz cheddar cheese
- 6 oz monterey jack cheese
- 6 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter - melted
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cut each type of cheese into 16 cubes. Set aside.
- Open the can of biscuits. Split each biscuit in half, so you end up with 16 dough pieces.
- Flatten each biscuit piece into a circular shape. Place 3 pieces of cheese (one of each type of cheese) in the center of the biscuit circle.
- Wrap the biscuit dough around the cheese, pinch the seams together with your fingers to seal closed.
- Place cheese bombs into the air fryer basket so they are not touching. You might have to do two sets, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Baste the tops of the cheese bombs with the melted butter using a pastry brush.
- Then sprinkle them with Italian seasoning.
- Cook in the air fryer at 350ºF for 6 minutes. Time may vary depending on your machine so check them at 5 minutes.
- Remove cheese bombs from air fryer when the tops are a deep golden brown and they are baked through.
- Let them cool for a few minutes before eating. Serve them with a bowl of your favorite marinara sauce.