You can fill pizza bites with pretty much any pizza topping you like. This recipe also works great with grilled chicken, cooked sausage, bacon, canned mushrooms, black olives or grilled red bell peppers.
Biscuit pizza bombs make the perfect appetizer, game day or after school snack and are best served with a bowl of marinara sauce. If you would like to make your own sauce, check out our recipe for insanely good homemade marinara sauce.
- BREAKFAST BISCUIT BITES – Fluffy biscuit bites filled with scrambled eggs and crisp bacon are a perfect handheld breakfast.
- HAM AND CHEESE SANDWICH BITES – Ham and cheese wrapped in a flaky biscuit crust and baked in the air fryer. A quick and easy twist on a traditional sandwich.
- USE YOUR FAVORITE FILLING – You can easily personalize this recipe. Simply add your favorite meat and cheese instead of pepperoni and mozzarella. You can use cooked sausage, ham, bacon, Swiss cheese, Gruyere, pepper jack or brie.
- ADD VEGETABLES: Canned mushrooms, black olives or grilled red peppers could also be added for additional flavor.
AIR FRYER PIZZA BITES INGREDIENTS
You may have all of these pepperoni pizza bombs ingredients in your refrigerator or pantry and not need to make a trip to the grocery store. See recipe card below for ingredient amounts.Jump to Recipe
- Refrigerated biscuits: We used large canned Grands biscuits, but canned crescent dough or pizza dough can be substituted.
- Mozzarella cheese: Use a block or mozzarella cheese sticks. You can also substitute your favorite cheese.
- Pepperoni slices: We used regular pepperoni, but turkey pepperoni would work great too.
- Italian seasoning: Oregano or pizza seasoning can be substituted.
If you'd like to print this recipe, scroll down to the recipe card where you can print the recipe or have it scaled to double or triple. You'll also find nutrition information.Jump to Recipe
TOOLS AND SUPPLIES NEEDED:
- knife and cutting board
- pastry brush
- air fryer
PREPARE DOUGH: Open the can of biscuits and separate dough pieces. Split each biscuit in half, so you end up with 16 pieces of biscuit dough.
FILL: Add 1 cube of cheese and some chopped pepperoni to each biscuit.
SHAPE BISCUIT BOMBS: Wrap the biscuit dough around the pepperoni and cheese and seal closed with your fingers.
PLACE IN AIR FRYER: Place pepperoni pizza bites into the air fryer basket so they are not touching. You might have to do two batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
BASTE WITH BUTTER: Baste the tops of the pizza bites with the melted butter using a pastry brush.
SPRINKLE WITH TOPPING: Sprinkle pizza biscuit bites with Italian seasoning.
AIR FRY BISCUIT BITES: Cook in the air fryer at 350ºF for 6 minutes. Time may vary depending on your machine so check them at 5 minutes.
COOL: Let them cool for a few minutes before eating. Serve with marinara sauce or ranch dressing.
Refrigerate: If you have leftover pizza biscuit bombs, store them in an airtight container or ziplock bag in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, pop them in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds.
Freeze: If you would like to freeze your leftovers, individually wrap each pizza biscuit bite with plastic wrap and then put them into a ziptop freezer bag or an airtight container. Biscuit bombs can be frozen for up to a month.
Defrost: To defrost, unwrap desired number of biscuit bites completely and put them on a microwave safe plate. Cover them with a paper towel and reheat in the microwave for 1 - 1 ½ minutes depending on your machine.
While we love air fryer pizza bombs we also love some of these other recipes and think you will as well.
- 3 CHEESE BOMBS – Soft and flaky biscuit dough wrapped around melty cheese makes one of the world's best appetizers.
- BREAKFAST BISCUIT BITES – The ideal brunch addition, these little breakfast bites combine the classic breakfast flavors of eggs and bacon.
- HAM AND CHEESE SANDWICH BITES – These little ham and cheese bites are the perfect for a breakfast on the go, but they are also great for a party or cocktails with friends.
- MEATBALL CALZONES – With only 8 simple ingredients, these easy calzones come together in no time and they are better than take out.
- THICK CRUST PIZZA DOUGH - This quick and easy pizza dough produces the best homemade thick crust pizzas.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 1 can refrigerator biscuits
- 6 oz mozzarella cheese - cubed into 16 pieces
- 48 slices of thin pepperoni - chopped
- 1 tablespoon Butter - melted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Open the can of biscuits. Split each biscuit in half, so you end up with 16 dough pieces.
- Add 1 cube of cheese and some chopped pepperoni to each biscuit.
- Pull the sides of the biscuit up and pinch them together to secure.
- Place pepperoni pizza bites into the air fryer basket so they are not touching. You might have to do two sets, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Baste the tops of the pizza bombs with the melted butter using a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Cook in the air fryer at 350ºF for 6 minutes. Time may vary depending on your machine so check them at 5 minutes.
- Remove pizza bites from air fryer when the tops are a deep golden brown and they are baked through.
- Let them cool for a few minutes before eating.