Green beans are a classic American side dish. They are very versatile and go with a lot of main courses. This easy air fryer recipe produces crispy on the outside, yet soft on the inside green beans that everyone will love. Especially your vegetarian or vegan friends will love this amazing side dish.
Air fryer roasted green beans are super delicious as is, but you can easily add even more flavor by sprinkling them with lemon juice, freshly grated parmesan cheese or even some cooked, crumbled up bacon.
- AIR FRYER BEETS – These fork tender roasted beets are a great side with all roasted meats.
- AIR FRYER CAULIFLOWER – You can use different colored cauliflower to make this delicious roasted vegetable dish a real showstopper.
- PARMESAN CHEESE - Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese right when you remove them from the air fryer. The recipe will no longer be dairy free though.
- SEASONINGS: Get creative with your favorite seasonings. Try chili powder, cumin, curry powder, parsley or anything you like. If you use fresh garlic, don't add it until the last 2-3 minutes of cooking.
AIR FRYER GREEN BEANS INGREDIENTS
You may have all of these roasted green beans ingredients in your refrigerator or pantry and not need to make a trip to the grocery store. See recipe card below for ingredient amounts.Jump to Recipe
- Green beans: Use fresh green beans for this recipe. We do not recommend using frozen ones.
- Oil: Use an oil that can be cooked at high heat. We like cooking with avocado oil, but peanut oil, canola oil or sunflower oil would be other possible choices.
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt and Pepper
Enjoy this great recipe as a great addition to a full meal with these other recipes:
- CHICKEN IN WHITE WINE SAUCE – This savory and flavorful chicken recipe is a real crowd pleaser and goes well with rice, noodles, bread and potatoes.
- GARLIC FRENCH BREAD – This quick and easy recipe uses store-bought French bread and you can even add some cheesy flavor by adding Parmesan cheese.
- BLACKBERRY DUMP CAKE – This cake is prepped in less than 10 minutes and insanely yummy. Serve with a scoop of ice cream for an extra special dessert.
If you'd like to print this recipe, scroll down to the recipe card where you can print the recipe or have it scaled to double or triple. You'll also find nutrition information.Jump to Recipe
TOOLS AND SUPPLIES NEEDED:
- knife and cutting board
- medium bowl
- air fryer
WASH AND TRIM: Wash and trim green beans.
SEASON AND TOSS: Toss with oil, garlic powder, pepper, onion powder, and salt.
PLACE IN AIR FRYER: Put seasoned green beans in the the air fryer basket.
COOK: Air fry at 370ºF for 7-8 minutes. Tossing once or twice to turn them during cooking.
REMOVE: Remove green beans from the air fryer when they are cooked through and crispy on the outside.
OPTIONAL: When green beans are done cooking, try tossing with ½ teaspoon of fresh lemon juice or some freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Refrigerate: These roasted green beans taste best fresh right out of the air fryer. If you have any leftovers you can store them in an airtight container or a ziplock bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat: To reheat these roasted vegetables, place them on a microwave safe plate, cover them with a paper towel and put them into the microwave for 1-1 ½ minutes, depending on your machine.
Freeze: Although we do recommend eating air fryer green beans right when they are fresh, you can also freeze them in an airtight container or ziplock freezer bag for up to a month.
Defrosting: To defrost, put the frozen green beans on the counter until they reach room temperature and then pop them into the microwave until hot, about 1 -1 ½ minutes. The texture of defrosted and reheated green beans will be less crispy on the outside.
While we love crispy green beans we also love some of these other recipes and think you will as well.
- AIR FRYER BEETS – These nutritious and yummy roasted vegetables are slightly sweet and will make the perfect side dish for roasted meat.
- AIR FRYER BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BACON – Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, these roasted Brussels sprouts are full of flavor.
- AIR FRYER BROCCOLI – Ready in less than 15 minutes, this will be your new favorite way of cooking broccoli.
- AIR FRYER CAULIFLOWER – Use two different colored cauliflowers to create a flavorful and colorful vegetable dish everyone will love.
- ORANGE AND BROWN SUGAR GLAZED HAM - This moist and caramelized ham is the show-stopping center of every holiday meal.
- AIR FRYER ASPARAGUS- This is our new favorite way to cook asparagus!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 12-16 oz fresh green beans
- 1 tbsp oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt