Our recipe for air fryer broccoli is super easy and done in less than 15 minutes. Naturally vegetarian and vegan, this delicious broccoli side dish is seasoned with a homemade spice blend and turns out tender in the middle and slightly browned and crispy on the edges.
You can add more flavor to these roasted vegetables by sprinkling them with freshly grated parmesan cheese or lemon juice when they are done. This quick and easy side dish goes extremely well with many main dishes like salmon, chicken, or pot roast.
If you have ever wondered what the secret to tender and crispy cooked broccoli is, this recipe is perfect for you. Your family will absolutely love this flavor packed and healthy vegetable side dish.
- PARMESAN CHEESE - Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese right when you remove the broccoli from the air fryer. The recipe will no longer be dairy free though.
- SEASONINGS: Get creative with your favorite seasonings. Try chili powder, cumin, curry powder, parsley or anything you like. If you use fresh minced garlic, don't add it until the last 2-3 minutes of cooking.
- AIR FRYER BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BACON – Crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, these roasted Brussels sprouts are full of flavor.
- AIR FRYER CAULIFLOWER – You can use different colored cauliflower to make this delicious roasted vegetable dish a real showstopper.
AIR FRYER BROCCOLI INGREDIENTS
You may have all of these air fryer roasted broccoli ingredients in your refrigerator or pantry and not need to make a trip to the grocery store. See recipe card below for ingredient amounts.Jump to Recipe
- Broccoli: Use bright green broccoli with no dark spots on it. When you trim the broccoli into florets, make sure you get them equally sized to cook evenly.
- Oil: Use an oil that can be cooked at high heat. We like cooking with avocado oil, but peanut oil, canola oil or sunflower oil would be other possible choices.
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt and Pepper
If you'd like to print this recipe, scroll down to the recipe card where you can print the recipe or have it scaled to double or triple. You'll also find nutrition information.Jump to Recipe
TOOLS AND SUPPLIES NEEDED:
- knife and cutting board
- large bowl
- air fryer
PREPARE BROCCOLI: Wash and trim broccoli to equal sizes.
TOSS WITH SPICES: In a large bowl, toss broccoli florets with oil, garlic powder, pepper, onion powder and salt.
PLACE IN AIR FRYER: Place broccoli into the air fryer basket.
ADD WATER: Add 1 tablespoon of water to the bottom of the air fryer to prevent smoking.
AIR FRY: Cook at 400ºF for 6 minutes.
REMOVE AND SERVE: Remove from the air fryer. Toss and serve.
OPTIONAL: When the broccoli is done, sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese or drizzle with lemon juice.
Refrigerate: Air fryer roasted broccoli tastes best fresh right out of the air fryer. If you have any leftovers you can store them in an airtight container or a ziplock bag in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheat: To reheat these roasted vegetables, place them on a microwave safe plate, cover them with a paper towel and put them into the microwave for 1-1 ½ minutes, depending on your machine.
Freeze: Although we do recommend eating air fryer broccoli right when it is fresh, you can also freeze it in an airtight container or ziplock freezer bag for up to a month.
Defrosting: To defrost, put the frozen broccoli on the counter until it reaches room temperature and then pop it into the microwave until hot, about 1 -1 ½ minutes. The texture of defrosted broccoli might be slightly softer and soggier compared to freshly cooked broccoli.
While we love this air fryer broccoli side dish we also love some of these other recipes and think you will as well.
- BEETS COOKED IN THE AIR FRYER – These nutritious and yummy roasted vegetables are slightly sweet and will make the perfect side dish for roasted meat.
- AIR FRYER BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BACON – Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, these roasted Brussels sprouts are full of flavor.
- AIR FRYER GREEN BEANS - A quick and easy way to cook tender and delicious green beans. A classic American side that goes with almost everything.
- PARMESAN ROASTED BROCCOLI - Everyone will love this oven roasted broccoli seasoned with just the right blend of spices and fresh parmesan cheese.
- BEEF AND BROCCOLI - Covered in a sweet and savory sauce, these seared beef strips and crispy bites of broccoli will definitely satisfy your take-out cravings.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp water
- Wash and trim broccoli to equal sizes.
- In a large bowl, toss broccoli florets with oil, garlic powder, pepper, onion powder and salt.
- Place broccoli into the air fryer.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water to the bottom of the air fryer to prevent smoking.
- Cook at 400ºF for 6 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer. Toss and serve.