These crispy on the outside and tender on the inside air fryer roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon are super yummy and make a great side dish for a holiday meal. We used bacon to add some extra flavor, but you can also sprinkle them with freshly grated parmesan cheese or drizzle them with balsamic glaze instead.
Roasted Brussels sprouts are a delicious option for those on a low carb or keto diet. You can also omit the bacon and make this air fryer recipe vegetarian.
❤️ WHY YOU'LL LOVE AIR FRYER BRUSSELS SPROUTS
✔️ The air fryer uses less energy than the oven.
✔️ Make this side dish while your oven is in use.
✔️ These Brussels sprouts have the perfect seasoning. That, in combination with the bacon, makes for Brussels sprouts the whole family will want to gobble up.
✔️ Easy for kids to make.
✔️ Only takes 8 minutes to cook.
AIR FRYER BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BACON INGREDIENTS
You may have all of these air fryer Brussels sprouts with bacon ingredients in your refrigerator or pantry and not need to make a trip to the grocery store. See recipe card below for ingredient amounts.
- Brussels sprouts: We trimmed off the outer leaves, as they are often somewhat discolored or dried up.
- Oil: Use an oil that can be cooked at high heat. We like cooking with avocado oil, but peanut oil, canola oil or sunflower oil would be other possible choices.
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Bacon: Use 4 slices of air fryer or pan-cooked bacon.
- Seasonings – Use your favorite seasonings. Try chili powder, cumin, curry powder, parsley, or anything you like. If you use fresh garlic, don't add it until the last 2-3 minutes of cooking.
- Oil – Use an oil that can be cooked at high heat. We like cooking with avocado oil, but peanut oil, canola oil or sunflower oil would be other possible choices.
If you'd like to print this recipe, scroll down to the recipe card where you can print the recipe or have it scaled to double or triple. You'll also find nutrition information.
WASH AND TRIM: Wash and trim Brussels sprouts, cut them in half.
SOAK: OPTIONAL: Soak Brussels sprouts in a bowl of water for up to 10 minutes. Dry. Soaking the Brussels sprouts before cooking is not necessary but makes for a more tender Brussels sprout when cooked.
SEASON AND TOSS: Toss with oil, garlic powder, pepper, onion powder, and salt.
PLACE IN AIR FRYER: Put seasoned Brussels sprouts in the the air fryer basket.
COOK: Cook at 400ºF for 5 minutes. Toss Brussles sprouts.
ADD BACON: Add chopped pre-cooked bacon.
COOK AGAIN: Cook for another 3-5 minutes until Brussels sprouts are cooked through and crispy on the outside.
🔴 TIP: If you are doubling the recipe it might require more cooking time. Toss every 5 minutes to check them.
REMOVE: Remove Brussels sprouts from the air fryer.
SERVE: Toss and serve.
⚠️ TIPS FOR THE BEST AIR FRYER BRUSSELS SPROUTS
✔️ If you have time, soak your Brussels sprouts in water for 10 minutes before cooking. Pat dry then season.
✔️ Trim and cut the sprouts in half. You can cook them whole but they'll cook up better in the air fryer if you cut them in half.
✔️ Don't skip the bacon! Even if you don't actually eat the bacon, it adds extra flavor.
✔️ Cook until the edges start to brown. Crispy edges are delicious!
Refrigerate: These roasted Brussels sprouts taste best fresh right out of the air fryer. If you have any leftovers you can store them in an airtight container or a ziplock bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat: To reheat these roasted vegetables, place them on a microwave safe plate, cover them with a paper towel and put them into the microwave for 1-1 ½ minutes, depending on your machine.
Freeze: Although we do recommend eating air fryer Brussels sprouts right when they are fresh, you can also freeze them in an airtight container or ziplock freezer bag for up to a month.
Defrosting: To defrost, put the frozen Brussels sprouts on the counter until they reach room temperature and then pop them into the microwave until hot, about 1 -1 ½ minutes. The texture of defrosted and reheated Brussels sprouts will be less crispy on the outside.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BRUSSELS SPROUTS
You can serve Brussels sprouts with just about anything. Try Stef's ham or any of these popular recipes.
MORE AIR FRYER VEGETABLE RECIPES
Cooking vegetables in the air fryer is one of the easiest ways to add a vegetable side dish to your meal. Here are some of our other favorites:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes, you can use frozen Brussels sprouts for this recipe. You do not need to defrost, wash, trim or cut them. Just use them frozen and prepare as described in the recipe. You will have to increase cooking time to about 15 minutes depending on size. Start checking them at the 10 minute mark.
As with most vegetables, fresh is better than frozen. Frozen Brussels sprouts are going to be a bit softer than fresh ones, but they are still going to taste good.
Cook the Brussels sprouts as described, just leave out the bacon. After you remove them from the air fryer you can sprinkle them with freshly grated parmesan cheese, drizzle them with balsamic glaze or melted butter and lemon juice.
- 16 oz Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 pieces of pre-cooked bacon - chopped
- Wash and trim Brussels sprouts, cut in half.
- Optional: Soak Brussels sprouts in a bowl of water for up to 10 minutes. Dry.
- Toss with oil, garlic powder, pepper, onion powder, and salt.
- Place Brussels sprouts into the air fryer.
- Cook at 400ºF for 5 minutes. Toss Brussles sprouts. Add chopped pre-cooked bacon.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until Brussels sprouts are cooked through and crispy on the outside.
- Remove from the air fryer. Toss and serve.