If you enjoyed the fresh, fruity and citrusy flavors of a Shirley Temple cocktail when you were young, then you will love this adult version of the American classic. A shot of vodka gives this fizzy and refreshing adult Shirley Temple drink an extra kick.
You can make this easy cocktail extra special by adding a slice of lime or even a maraschino cherry as a garnish. Our Dirty Shirley Temple cocktail recipe can also easily be multiplied to fill a pitcher for easy refills at your next party or ladies night.
- RUM – Instead of vodka, try using white rum for this cocktail, or if you are feeling adventurous even dark rum or tequila.
- GINGER ALE – In case you ran out of Lemon Lime soda, you can try using ginger ale instead.
- CITRUS KICK– If you are a big fan of citrus flavors, you can also add ½-1 ounce of freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice to a Dirty Shirley drink.
DIRTY SHIRLEY DRINK INGREDIENTS
You may have all of these adult Shirley Temple drink ingredients in your refrigerator or pantry and not need to make a trip to the grocery store. See recipe card below for ingredient amounts.Jump to Recipe
- Lemon Lime Soda: We used regular Sprite for our cocktail. You can also substitute low-calorie varieties, or other brands like 7up, Sierra Mist, or maybe even Mountain Dew in a pinch.
- Vodka: We used Smirnoff brand vodka, but you can substitute your favorite brand of vodka.
- Grenadine Syrup
While we love a Shirley Temple with alcohol we also love some of these other recipes and think you will as well.
- RED WINE SANGRIA – This flavorful red wine sangria pairs well with marinara sauce or other bold flavored dishes.
- JOLLY RANCHER COCKTAIL – If you enjoy jolly rancher candy you will love this cocktail. Vodka infused with your favorite jolly rancher flavor is mixed with lemon lime soda.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 5 oz Lemon Lime Soda
- 1 oz Vodka
- ½ oz Grenadine Sirup