Sometimes it's fun to enjoy a gin cocktail with dinner. This blackberry cocktail recipe, with sweetened blackberries, gin and prosecco with a sprig of thyme, is delicious whether you make it with alcohol or without alcohol. You'll love this blackberry gin spritzer all year round.
Use the leftover blackberries for this sparkly drink when you make the. They make the perfect pair! Kids and adults will love it. You don't even need a special occasion to make a special drink.
If you've never made a gin cocktail this is a super easy one to start with. We've taken all the guess work out of measuring ingredients and did all the taste testing to get it just right.
If you're like us you like to make recipes with similar ingredients in the same week to make grocery shopping easier. Consider making thewith the rest of your blackberries. It is quick to prepare and tastes delicious. You can't go wrong with that dessert.
How to Muddle
If you've never muddled mint or berries for a drink it's not hard! Don't be afraid. We wrote athat you should read.
The Difference Between Prosecco and Champagne
We often interchange the words sparkling wine, prosecco, and Champagne but there are distinct differences between Champagne and prosecco. They’re both sparkling white wines. However, Champagne is produced from chardonnay, pinot noir and pinot meunier grapes grown in the Champagne region of France, while prosecco comes from the Veneto region of Italy and is made mainly from glera grapes.
RED WINE SANGRIA
SPIKED APPLE CIDER
Blackberry Cocktail Ingredients:
- simple syrup
- Fresh thyme for garnish
- Top with champagne or your favorite sparkling flavored water (like La Croix)
The blackberry cocktail is perfect for all occasions. The combination of blackberry, simple syrup, gin and prosecco are great for any of these events:
- Make for a dinner party.
- Enjoy with your family after work.
- Virtual happy hour.
- Serve with brunch.
- Whenever you want!
Make the virgin non-alcohol version when you're serving them with a family dinner. Everyone loves a fruity drink. It's almost like dessert in a glass!
How to Make a Blackberry Spritzer:
Step 1: Add ½ shot gin, ½ shot simple syrup, and 3-4 blackberries to each glass.
Step 2: Muddle. (see muddling instructions above)
Step 3: Top with prosecco/champagne or your favorite sparkling flavored water. Though if you're old enough I recommend the prosecco!
Step 4: Garnish with blackberries and/or thyme sprig. (optional) Voila! You have a blackberry gin cocktail. Drink your gin spritzer while it's cold!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes you can! Raspberries would work. You could also try a really ripe peach.
We've found that these muddled drinks work best when you make them individually. You can muddle all the fruit at once, however, then make the drinks in individual cups.
PINEAPPLE MINI CAKES
- 1 ounce gin
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 8 blackberries - fresh and ripe are best
- 1 cup crushed ice
- ½-1 cup Prosecco - or sparkling water
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme - for garnish
- Chill two champagne glasses in the freezer for 10 minutes or so before fixing drinks.
- Divide gin, simple syrup, and about 6 blackberries between the two glasses.
- Use a muddler (yes, that's the official name!) to muddle the ingredients together in the bottom of the glass.
- Add a small handful of ice to each glass.
- Top with Prosecco or use a flavored (or plain!) sparkling water. Pour the topper until the drink reaches the rim of the glass (wait a few seconds between pours so that it doesn't bubble over).
- Pierce a blackberry with a sprig of thyme and place across the top of the glass for garnish.