Spiked apple cider is ideal for parties. No mixing or shaking individual drinks plus you can make large quantities if you want. The adult apple cider cocktail is one of our favorite Tuaca cocktails, which is our go to apple cider alcohol. But read on for other alcohol and non-alcohol ideas.
Enjoy spiked apple cocktails with a full meal with these other recipe:
- Main Dish: Dry Brine Turkey – If you're in the mood for a whole turkey definitely try this recipe!
- Side Dish: Creamy Mashed Potatoes – These are my favorite mashed potatoes.
- Salad: Italian Salad– This classic side dish is colorful and full of flavor!
- Bread: Pizza Dough Garlic Knots – YUM!
- Dessert: Apple Pie – This needs no introduction! Apple pie goes perfectly with this adult apple cider.
What is Spiked Apple Cider?
Spiked apple cider is an apple cider cocktail. They're usually warmed apple cider with spices and sometimes fruit. Spiked apple cider alcohol varies by recipe. We love Tuaca cocktails so we've used it in this recipe. Keep reading for recommendations for other alcohols like Rum and even Fireball.
Apple Cider Cocktail Ingredients:
- Apple cider or juice: Use apple cider if you can find it. Use juice if you cannot.
- Fruit: Use apples, oranges and fresh cranberries.
- Spices: Cinnamon sticks and star anise give this cider a unique flavor.
- Alcohol: Use Tuaca or your favorite Brandy.
Adult Apple Cider FAQs
You can refrigerate spiked apple cider in a covered container for 4-5 days.
No, you cannot.
Yes! It is naturally gluten free. Make sure the alcohol you use is gluten free.
Tuaca is a naturally flavored orange Brandy liqueur from Italy.
Yes. Omit the alcohol and you'll have hot apple cider for all ages.
Other Apple Cider Alcohol Options
- Vodka + Simple Syrup: Mix 18 oz of vodka with 6 oz of simple syrup. Try Stef's simple syrup recipe.
- Fireball Whiskey: Substitute Fireball in this recipe for an extra kick.
- Bourbon: Add bourbon to the recipe instead of Tuaca.
- Margarita Cider: Add 6 oz of lemon juice, 12 oz of whiskey and 12 oz of tequila with 3 cups of sugar to this apple cider recipe.
How to Make Spiked Apple Cider
Step 1: Pour two containers of apple juice/cider into a stockpot.
Step 2: Rinse and slice apple and orange. Slice the apples horizontally top to bottom for a pretty star effect in the center slices.
Step 3: Add the fruit, star anise, and a couple cinnamon sticks to the juice. Heat over medium until mixture reaches a low simmer. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Step 4: Ladle hot cider into mugs. Add 1-2 ounces of Tuaca to the mug. Serve with a cinnamon stick and a few cranberries.
Are you on Instagram?
Follow us for more recipe ideas!
- 2 - 64 oz. jugs of apple juice or apple cider
- 2 star anise
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks - plus more for serving
- 1 cup fresh cranberries - frozen okay
- 1 apple - sliced
- 1-2 oranges - sliced
- 750 ml bottle of Tuaca - (Brandy)
- Pour two containers of apple juice/cider into a stockpot.
- Rinse and slice apple and orange. Slice the apples horizontally top to bottom for a pretty star effect in the center slices.
- Add the fruit, star anise, and a couple cinnamon sticks to the juice. Heat over medium until mixture reaches a low simmer. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Ladle hot cider into mugs. Add 1-2 ounces of Tuaca to the mug. Serve with a cinnamon stick and a few cranberries.