I often forget to plan out a side dish to go with dinner so I always keep broccoli in the refrigerator to cook with any meal. Most of the time I do a simple steamed broccoli but when we have parmesan I love this parmesan roasted broccoli recipe. The whole family loves oven roasted broccoli. In this post we'll teach you how to cook broccoli in oven to make roasted vegetables that are perfectly cooked.
It's the perfect balance between tasty and healthy. Everyone in the family loves roasted broccoli and other oven roasted vegetables and when you add a parmesan crunch it's all eaten right away. We have the perfect spice combination to toss with your broccoli or any roasted vegetables.
Create a Full Meal
Pair the oven roasted broccoli recipe with a main dish, bread, dessert and a special drink for a full meal. We recommend these:
PARMESAN ROASTED BROCCOLI
CHICKEN IN WHITE WINE SAUCE
GARLIC FRENCH BREAD
- olive oil
- garlic salt
- dried oregano
- dried parsley
- broccoli florets
- parmesan cheese
How to Make Parmesan Roasted Broccoli:
Step 1: Preheat oven to 425°F. Cover a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper and set aside.
Step 2: Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir gently to combine.
Step 3: Spread in single layer on baking sheet. Distribute evenly.
Step 4: Time to cook broccoli in oven! Bake roasted vegetables for 30-40 minutes, stirring broccoli after the first 15 minutes. Cook until broccoli has browned in some places and the parmesan cheese is crispy and light brown. Do not overcook.
Serve your oven roasted broccoli right from the pan on a casual night or put it in a serving dish. Eat while it's hot. Cover if you won't be eating right away. Broccoli will lose it's heat quickly.
How To Store Leftovers
If you don't eat all the roasted vegetables right away, store in an airtight container and put in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Add a drop of water and cover (with vent). Heat in the microwave.
Delicious Desserts We Recommend
PINEAPPLE MINI CAKES
More Vegetable Side Dishes
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
CREAMY MASHED POTATOES
THE BEST ITALIAN SALAD
Yes, you can use a different type of cheese though other cheeses will bake up differently than parmesan. A sharp cheddar is a good substitute.
If you are in a hurry, you can steam broccoli in the microwave or on the stove for a few minutes before roasting. This will cut way back on roasting time.
- ¼ cup olive oil - (or more as needed)
- ¾ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- coarsely ground black pepper - as needed
- 24 oz. broccoli florets - (or 2 heads of broccoli, cut into pieces)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese - shredded
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cover a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients except for the Parmesan cheese in a mixing bowl and stir gently to combine (add a bit more olive oil if there is still a lot of dry broccoli).
- Spread broccoli in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the broccoli. **see notes
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring the broccoli after the first 15 minutes. Cook until broccoli has browned and formed little crispy charred bits in some places and the parmesan cheese is crispy and light brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.