This air fryer roasted cauliflower is super yummy and turns out perfectly every time. If you are looking to add new options to your side dish rotation, this is the recipe for you. Naturally vegetarian and vegan, these roasted vegetables are great served warm or cold, and therefore can also be served at a party as a snack with a dipping sauce.
Air fryer cauliflower is an amazing dish that goes well with almost every type of roasted meat such as chicken, turkey, beef or pork chops. Slightly charred and crispy on the outside and seasoned with just the right amount of spices, roasted cauliflower will be a sure hit with your family.
AIR FRYER CAULIFLOWER INGREDIENTS
You may have all of these air fryer roasted cauliflower ingredients in your refrigerator or pantry and not need to make a trip to the grocery store. See recipe card below for ingredient amounts.Jump to Recipe
- Cauliflower: We used a blend of white and purple cauliflower for this recipe but you can use whatever kind of cauliflower you have at hand, or a mix of different types. Keep in mind that they all have slightly different flavor profiles.
- Oil: Use an oil that can be cooked at high heat. We like cooking with avocado oil, but peanut oil, canola oil or sunflower oil would be other possible choices.
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt and Pepper
Enjoy this great recipe as a great addition to a full meal with these other recipes:
- DUTCH OVEN POT ROAST – An American classic comfort food, this delicious pot roast falls apart in your mouth.
- GARLIC FRENCH BREAD – This quick and easy recipe uses store-bought French bread and you can even add some cheesy flavor by adding Parmesan cheese.
- CREAMY MASHED POTATOES – These amazing mashed potatoes are easy to make and turn out every time.
If you'd like to print this recipe, scroll down to the recipe card where you can print the recipe or have it scaled to double or triple. You'll also find nutrition information.Jump to Recipe
TOOLS AND SUPPLIES NEEDED:
- knife and cutting board
- medium bowl
- air fryer
PREPARE CAULIFLOWER: Wash and cut cauliflower to equal size pieces. We only used the cauliflower florets. You can save the stems and leaves for another recipe or discard them.
SEASON CAULIFLOWER: Toss cauliflower florets with oil, garlic powder, pepper, onion powder and salt.
PLACE CAULIFLOWER IN AIR FRYER: Place cauliflower in the air fryer basket.
COOK AND TOSS CAULIFLOWER: Air fry at 400ºF for 12-15 minutes, tossing two or three times to turn them during cooking.
REMOVE FROM AIR FRYER: Remove from the air fryer and transfer to a bowl or plate.
SERVE: Toss and Serve.
Refrigerate: Roasted cauliflower tastes best fresh right out of the air fryer. If you have any leftovers you can store them in an airtight container or a ziplock bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat: To reheat these roasted vegetables, place them on a microwave safe plate, cover them with a paper towel and put them into the microwave for 1-1 ½ minutes, depending on your machine.
Freeze: Although we do recommend eating air fryer cauliflower when it is fresh, you can also freeze it in an airtight container or ziplock freezer bag for up to a month.
Defrosting: To defrost, put the frozen cauliflower on the counter until it reaches room temperature and then pop it into the microwave until hot, about 1 -1 ½ minutes. The texture of defrosted cauliflower might be slightly softer and soggier compared to freshly cooked cauliflower.
While we love roasted cauliflower we also love some of these other recipes and think you will as well.
- AIR FRYER BEETS – These nutritious and yummy roasted vegetables are slightly sweet and will make the perfect side dish for roasted meat.
- AIR FRYER BROCCOLI – Ready in less than 15 minutes, this will be your new favorite way of cooking broccoli.
- AIR FRYER GREEN BEANS - A quick and easy way to cook tender and delicious green beans. A classic American side that goes with almost everything.
- AIR FRYER BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BACON – Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, these roasted Brussels sprouts are full of flavor.
- HOMEMADE DINNER ROLLS - These are the best homemade dinner rolls you will ever make. Sweet, buttery and moist rolls that will become your new holiday staple.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 1 head of cauliflower - or two halves of different colors
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- Wash and cut cauliflower to equal size pieces.
- Toss cauliflower florets with oil, garlic powder, pepper, onion powder and salt.
- Place cauliflower in the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 400ºF for 12-15 minutes, tossing 2 or 3 times to turn them during cooking.
- Remove from the air fryer. Serve warm or cold.