These beautiful red and golden air fryer beets are super tasty, healthy and ready in no time. If you have been looking for a new side dish for a classic pot roast or roast chicken, this easy beets recipe is just right for you. Naturally vegetarian and vegan, these roasted vegetables will be a sure hit at your next dinner party.
Cooked with only some oil and spices, these soft and sweet air fryer beets will bring a lot of flavor and color to your next dinner plate. They can be used as a side at thanksgiving or christmas, however, they would also be a great topping for a leafy green salad. Give this red and golden beets recipe a try and you will be making it again and again.
- AIR FRYER BROCCOLI – Ready in less than 15 minutes, this quick and easy recipe will be your new favorite way of cooking broccoli.
- AIR FRYER CAULIFLOWER – You can use different colored cauliflower to make this delicious roasted vegetable dish a real showstopper.
- AIR FRYER GREEN BEANS – This classic American side dish is very versatile and goes with beef, pork, chicken, and turkey. These green beans are flavorful and ready in no time.
AIR FRYER BEETS INGREDIENTS
You may have all of these roasted beets ingredients in your refrigerator or pantry and not need to make a trip to the grocery store. See recipe card below for ingredient amounts.Jump to Recipe
- Beets: We used a mix of red and golden beets for this recipe. You can also just use either red or golden beets.
- Oil: Use an oil that can be cooked at high heat. We like cooking with avocado oil, but peanut oil, canola oil or sunflower oil would be other possible choices.
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt and Pepper
Enjoy this recipe as a great addition to a full meal with these other recipes:
- DUTCH OVEN POT ROAST – An American classic comfort food, this delicious pot roast falls apart in your mouth.
- CREAMY MASHED POTATOES – These amazing mashed potatoes are easy to make and turn out every time.
- CORNBREAD MUFFINS– These soft and fluffy cornbread muffins have just a hint of sweetness, which makes them the ideal side dish for a hearty dinner.
- Beets – You can use a mixture of red and golden beets or just one of the two varieties. If you are not a big fan of beets, try air frying other vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, green beans or Brussels sprouts.
- Oil – Use an oil that can be cooked at high heat. We like cooking with avocado oil, but peanut oil, canola oil or sunflower oil would be other possible choices.
If you'd like to print this recipe, scroll down to the recipe card where you can print the recipe or have it scaled to double or triple. You'll also find nutrition information.Jump to Recipe
TOOLS AND SUPPLIES NEEDED:
- vegetable peeler
- knife and cutting board
- medium bowl
- air fryer
- Optional: food safe gloves
PREPARE BEETS: Wash, peel and cube beets to approximately equal sizes.
SEASON BEETS: Toss beets with oil, garlic powder, pepper, onion powder and salt.
PLACE BEETS IN AIR FRYER: Spray your air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray to prevent beets from sticking to the bottom. Place beets in the air fryer basket.
COOK AND TOSS BEATS: Cook at 380ºF for 15-17 minutes, tossing once or twice to turn them during cooking.
TEST BEETS: Test beets by poking them with a fork. The fork should be able to easily move through the beet without it being mushy.
REMOVE FROM AIR FRYER: Remove from the air fryer and transfer to a bowl or plate.
SERVE: Toss and Serve.
Refrigerate: These roasted beets taste best fresh right out of the air fryer. If you have any leftovers you can store them in an airtight container or a ziplock bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat: To reheat these roasted vegetables, place them on a microwave safe plate, cover them with a paper towel and put them into the microwave for 1-1 ½ minutes, depending on your machine.
Freeze: Although we do recommend eating air fryer beets when they are fresh, you can also freeze them in an airtight container or ziplock freezer bag for up to a month.
Defrosting: To defrost, put the frozen beets on the counter until they reach room temperature and then pop them into the microwave until hot, about 1 -1 ½ minutes. The texture of defrosted beets might be slightly softer and soggier compared to fresh ones.
While we love air fryer roasted beets we also love some of these other recipes and think you will as well.
- AIR FRYER BROCCOLI – Ready in less than 15 minutes, this will be your new favorite way of cooking broccoli.
- AIR FRYER BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BACON – Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, these roasted Brussels sprouts are full of flavor.
- AIR FRYER CAULIFLOWER – Use two different colored cauliflowers to create a flavorful and colorful vegetable dish everyone will love.
- AIR FRYER GREEN BEANS - A quick and easy way to cook tender and delicious green beans. A classic American side that goes with almost everything.
- HOMEMADE DINNER ROLLS - These are the best homemade dinner rolls you will ever make. Sweet, buttery and moist rolls that will become your new holiday staple.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 6 beets
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Wash, peel and cube beets to approximately equal sizes.
- Toss beets with oil, garlic powder, pepper, onion powder and salt.
- Place beets in the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 380ºF for 15-17 minutes, tossing once or twice to turn them during cooking.
- Test by poking with a fork. The fork should be able to easily move through the beet without it being mushy.
- Remove from the air fryer. Toss and Serve.