This savory lemon dill vinaigrette is perfect on pasta, salad, as a lemon dill chicken marinade, salmon marinade or a lemon vinaigrette dressing. Whip this delicious salad dressing or marinade up in minutes.
Enjoy lemon dill vinaigrette with a full meal with these other recipe:
- Main Dish: Baked Salmon – This classic healthy salmon dish is amazing and uses a lemon dill marinade.
- Main Dish: Pasta Salad– This pasta salad pairs perfectly with the salmon!
- Bread: Pizza Dough Garlic Knots – These are tasty with everything. YUM!
- Drink: Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate – You can never go wrong with this.
- Dessert: Apple Pie – This needs no introduction!
What is Lemon Dill Vinaigrette?
A vinaigrette is a mixture of oil and something acidic. It is often used as a marinade or a dressing for salad or pasta. The oil is usual olive oil. The acidic ingredient is usually vinegar or lemon.
This vinaigrette uses lemon, no vinegar. And dill is one of the main seasonings that flavors this recipe. You could substitute the dill for any of your favorite herbs.
Lemon Dill Salmon
Lemon Dill Pasta Salad
Possible Lemon Vinaigrette Variations
- Parsley: Add 2 tablespoon of fresh parsley in place of the dill. This is great as a marinade on chicken, fish and salmon marinade or even on beef. It's also excellent tossed with a pasta.
- Make it cheesy: Stir in 1-2 teaspoon of freshly-grated Parmesan into the vinaigrette.
- Add capers: If you love capers this is a fun ingredient to add to your lemon vinaigrette.
- Add dijon: Whisk in 2 teaspoon of dijon mustard.
Ways to Use Lemon Dill Marinade
- Salmon: To make it a salmon marinade, pour this vinaigrette into a ziplock bag or a container with a lid. Add the defrosted salmon. Shake to cover. Refrigerate for at least 30-60 minutes.
- Chicken: As with the salmon, this lemon dill chicken marinade should be poured into a ziplock and then add the defrosted chicken. Marinade for at least 2 hours up to overnight. You can also pour it over chicken in a crock pot or Instant Pot. My favorite is to marinade overnight then cook using .
- Pasta: Use this pasta salad recipe.
Lemon Dill Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- Herbs: Use fresh garlic and fresh dill, when you can.
- Lemon: Fresh lemon juice is best.
- Sugar: A little sugar makes a big difference.
- Salt + Pepper: I love using fresh ground.
- Oil: Use a good olive oil.
FAQs About (keyword)
A fresh lemon vinaigrette or lemon dill vinaigrette can be refrigerated in a sealed container for 3-5 days.
Yes, this lemon vinaigrette is gluten free.
Yes, this lemon dill vinaigrette dairy free and vegan.
Store vinaigrettes with lemon in a jar or other container with a tight lid. Shake before using again.
How to Make Lemon Dill Vinaigrette:
1. Combine the sugar and spices.
Combine pepper, salt, minced garlic, zest, and sugar in a bowl and whisk to combine.
2. Whisk in fresh lemon juice.
Add fresh squeezed lemon to the dry sugar and spices. Whisk to combine.
3. Add olive oil.
Continue whisking vigorously while slowly drizzling the olive oil into the mixture. The vigorous whisking causes the vinaigrette to emulsify, which means that it combines together and doesn't separate.
4. Add fresh herbs.
Whisk in the fresh dill, or whatever herbs you prefer.
Serve immediately or use as a salmon marinade or lemon dill chicken marinade right away. If you aren't using, store in a container with a lid so you can shake and mix again before using.
Parmesan French Bread
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground coarse black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic - finely minced
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 ½ teaspoons granulated sugar
- ½ cup lemon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill - finely minced
- Combine pepper, salt, minced garlic, lemon juice, zest, and sugar in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Continue whisking vigorously while slowly drizzling the olive oil into the mixture. The vigorous whisking causes the vinaigrette to emulsify, which means that it combines together and doesn't separate.
- Whisk in the fresh dill.