This cold pasta salad is fresh and healthy! Our delicious baked salmon pairs perfectly with fresh ingredients and a lemon dill vinaigrette. Perfect for salmon leftovers with salmon, pasta, spinach and the best sauce! This salmon pasta salad is a cross between a cucumber salad and salmon pasta. Perfect for a make ahead meal.
This makes a great weeknight meal. You can use leftovers and even toss it all together in the morning then refrigerate and pull out at dinner time.
Enjoy this as a full meal with these other recipe:
- Protein: Baked Salmon – Make this one night and use the leftovers for the cold pasta salad!
- Dressing: Lemon Dill Vinaigrette – This vinaigrette is great on salads, pasta, and as a marinade for fish or chicken.
- Bread: Easy Parmesan French Bread – Buy a french bread and dress it up with this delicious spread!
- Drink: Red Wine Sangria – This is one of my all time favorite sangria recipes. Use the rest of the wine leftover from your marinara recipe.
- Dessert: Chocolate Lasagna – This needs no introduction!
What is Cold Pasta Salad?
This is a cross between a pasta salad and a cucumber salad with salmon. We love this cold but you can definitely serve it while the pasta and salmon are warm. The Lemon dill vinaigrette really brings it all together.
Lemon Dill Vinaigrette
- Add peppers: Add your favorite bell peppers, diced.
- Make it pesto: Skip the lemon dill vinaigrette and the dill in the recipe and toss with some fresh pesto!
- Add onions: This cold pasta salad tastes great if you add slices of red onions.
- Add olives: If you love kalamata olives try slicing some and adding them to this cold pasta salad.
Salmon Pasta Salad Ingredients:
This salmon salad has some essential ingredients. Feel free to add any other favorites!
- Pasta: Use your favorite cooked pasta. For a gluten free option use a good lentil rotini.
- Vegetables: Fresh cucumbers and spinach are delicious in this cold pasta salad. You can also add red peppers and red onion to the cucumber salad.
- Salmon: We love this baked salmon recipe. Use salmon leftovers or make it especially for this salmon, pasta, spinach, cucumber salad.
- Herbs: We love using dill.
- Salt + Pepper
- Cold Pasta Salad Dressing: We love this lemon dill vinaigrette in this salmon cucumber salad. It's also great as a marinade.
FAQs About Cold Pasta Salad
Once you've mixed the ingredients together, the fresh vegetables will taste best if you refrigerate and eat within 1-2 days.
No. This will not freeze and defrost well.
How to Make Salmon Pasta Salad:
1. Add salad ingredients.
Toss together cooked and cooled pasta, cucumber, spinach, dill, and lemon juice.
2. Drizzle with lemon dill vinaigrette.
Drizzle some of the lemon dill vinaigrette onto your pasta. Measure as little or as much as you want to your taste.
3. Add salmon.
Add the salmon and toss lightly. The more you toss the salmon the more it will flake into smaller pieces. If you prefer larger pieces do not toss a lot. If you like smaller pieces then toss away.
- 8 oz. rotini pasta - cooked and drained
- ½ English cucumber - sliced
- 1 ½ cups baby spinach leaves
- ⅛ cup fresh dill - chopped
- fresh lemon juice and/or zest - to taste
- 8 oz. cooked salmon
- 1 recipe lemon dill vinaigrette
- Toss together cooked and cooled pasta, cucumber, spinach, dill, and lemon juice.
- Top with salmon and vinaigrette.