Did you know you can make a perfect hard boiled egg in the air fryer? These air fryer hard boiled eggs require no water and no mess! This is a great method for cooking, especially if you have difficulty lifting heavy saucepans or are concerned about spilling boiling water.
You will not be disappointed with how these perfect eggs turn out. Just slice them and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper for a quick snack!
If you don't want to eat plain hard boiled eggs, consider any of these delicious options.
- Cobb Salad – Fill a salad bowl with chopped up romaine lettuce. Add bacon crumbles, sliced hard-boiled eggs, crumbled blue cheese (or your favorite cheese), avocado, tomatoes and any other toppings you like. Toss with your favorite dressing.
- Deviled Eggs – Try these skinny deviled eggs.
- Egg Salad Sandwiches – See how amazing this sandwich is on a croissant!
OTHER WAYS TO HARD BOIL EGGS
Whether you're making these eggs for easter, breakfast or to put in your favorite egg recipe, here are 4 other ways you might want to cook your eggs. For air fryer instructions, scroll to the recipe card below.
Refrigerate: You can store hard boiled eggs in a refrigerator (fridge) for up to 7 days. Once they're removed from the refrigerator, they should be eaten within 2 hours.
Freeze: It is not recommended to freeze hard boiled eggs.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
(note to writer) choose popular frequently asked questions or things you think people would want to know.
- 6 eggs - large
- Place eggs in a single layer in an air fryer basket. We used 6 eggs but you can cook more or less.
- Cook at 260°F for 17 minutes.
- Remove cooked eggs from the air fryer basket and place them in a large bowl with ice water. Keep the eggs in the ice water bath for at least 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate immediately or gently crack eggs all over the shell then gently peel back the shell with your fingers to peel the eggs.
- Please do not leave hard boiled eggs out at room temperature for more than 2 hours if you plan to eat them.
- You can refrigerate your hard boiled eggs for up to 7 days.
- Cooking time may vary with different air fryers and different amounts or sizes of eggs.
- Your air fryer might yield slightly different results; remember to write down any recipe time adjustments you'd make so you remember next time!
- If you prefer softer egg whites and runny yolk (soft boiled egg), set timer to cook for about 10-12 minutes.
- Fresh eggs are harder to peel.
- This recipe uses large eggs or extra large eggs. If you are using medium sized eggs you can reduce the cooking time a little.
- These eggs are cooked at high heat so they are very hot when they finish cooking. We recommend using a slotted spoon to remove them from the basket and put them into the cold water.