Grilled chipotle chicken kabobs with pineapple and peppers are marinated to perfection in our from scratch chipotle marinade and honey and come out juicy every time. These grilled kabobs are a whole meal by themselves.
Making chipotle chicken kabobs (chicken skewers) is an easy way to spice things up. Most of the time we are cranking up the grill in the warmer months, but you could also make these on an indoor grill or in the oven if you wanted. Save this honey chipotle kabob recipe for those days when you need comfort food!
GRILLED CHIPOTLE CHICKEN KABOB INGREDIENTS
You may have all of these ingredients for this easy chicken and pineapple kabob recipe in your refrigerator or pantry and not need to make a trip to the grocery store! If this is your first time making this delicious recipe you might want to read the possible variations before deciding on your ingredients. See full ingredient list and amounts in the recipe card below.Jump to Recipe
- Chicken: We are using bite-sized pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breasts marinaded in our Chipotle Marinade
- Liquids: oil, honey
- Fruit and Veggies: fresh diced pineapple, red bell pepper
MORE WAYS TO SERVE CHIPOTLE CHICKEN
Enjoy this great Chipotle Marinade with so many different recipes:
- Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowls– A simple lunch (or dinner) dish that is also great for meal prepping.
- Air Fryer Chicken Stuffed Pasta Shells – An easy and delicious way to use the leftover chipotle chicken if you get tired of chipotle chicken tacos.
- Air Fryer Chipotle Chicken Wings – These are so good you won't want to stop eating them.
- Chipotle Chicken Sheet Pan Fajitas - Making fajitas on a sheet pan is one of the easiest ways to make dinner!
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup - Just dump the ingredients in and you have delicious soup the whole family loves in less than 30 minutes!
- Crock Pot Chipotle Chicken Tacos - Easy chicken tacos with the perfect amount of spice? Yes, please!
- wooden or metal skewers
- sharp knife
- cutting board
- plastic ziploc bag or bowl for marinating chicken
- blender or food processor to make the marinade)
Follow the full instructions and kitchen tips and quick tips for the best way to make this recipe. Don't forget to check the prep time and cook time in the recipe card below before you begin. Full instructions and ingredients list are in the recipe card below.
PREHEAT GRILL: Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
MARINATE CHICKEN: Dice the chicken into 1 inch cubes. Using our chipotle marinade recipe, make the marinade and add the honey to the marinade. Blend or mix together. Pour the marinade and chicken into a plastic bag or bowl. Allow it to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes to 24 hours.. You can also freeze the chicken for up to 3 months. Defrost in the refrigerator before making the kabobs.
PREP: Dice the peppers, and pineapple into pieces the same size as the chicken. If the pieces are larger or smaller than the chicken they won't cook up as nicely on the grill.
MAKING THE SKEWERS: Alternate the chicken, pepper, and pineapples on the skewers and repeat for each one. Brush with oil. We recommend a high heat oil like avocado oil but you can use any oil you prefer.
GRILLING: Place the chicken skewers on the grill, turning every 4 to 5 minutes until they are fully cooked.
Storing your food properly is important to prevent spoiling or food poisoning.
Refrigerate: Store leftover grilled chipotle chicken kabobs in an airtight container or ziploc bag and refrigerate for up to 3 days if you can't eat it the next day.
Freeze: Chicken kabobs are best eaten fresh, so we don't recommend freezing them.
Reheating: To reheat, remove the skewer and heat in the microwave, oven, or air fryer until warm.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click the questions to see the answer.
Chipotle Chicken Kabobs
- 1 pound chicken breast - 2 breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ recipe Family Dinners Chipotle Marinade
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pineapple - cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 red bell pepper - cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil - Avocado oil or vegetable oil
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Dice marinated chicken, red bell pepper and pineapple into 1 inch cubes.
- Make chipotle marinade and add honey. Mix together. Place chicken cubes into marinade and let marinate for 30 minutes to 24 hours. Alternatively, place in a ziploc freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost before using.
- Skewer chicken, bell pepper and pineapple onto skewers.
- Brush kabobs with olive oil.
- Grill. Turn every 4-5 minutes to grill evenly. Remove from heat when internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Serve while warm with Family Dinners Lime Cilantro Rice.
- If using wood skewers, soak for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Dice chicken, peppers and pineapple to be the same size. If one is larger than the others they won't grill evenly.
- You can brush your grill with a high heat oil like vegetable oil or avocado oil to prevent your chicken from sticking to the grill.
- Smaller pieces will cook quicker.
- Rotate your skewers frequently to prevent burning.
- You can brush more marinade on your skewers halfway through cooking for a more intense flavor.