These are the most adorable and easy little cookies to make. These chocolate dipped oreo penguin cookies are perfect for children's parties, Christmas, winter, summer, zoo themed parties and anytime you want to eat a cute little penguin.
Oreo cookies are a great base for these cute penguins but you can use any cookie you'd like. A shortbread cookie would work as well as oreo sandwich cookies. This is a simple dessert to make but will impress everyone.
CHOCOLATE DIPPED OREO PENGUIN INGREDIENTS
You may have all of these ingredients for this easy recipe in your refrigerator or pantry and not need to make a trip to the grocery store! If this is your first time making this delicious recipe you might want to read the possible variations before deciding on your ingredients.
- OREOS: Use regular Oreos or any flavor of Oreos you love. These would be great with mint Oreos!
- CANDY MELTS: Use high-quality chocolate candy melts and white candy melts like Ghirardelli melting wafers.
- TOPPINGS: Mini M&Ms and little sprinkle hearts are perfect for nose and feet. Candy eyes are easy to find during Halloween in any store that sells cake decorating supplies or find them online all year long.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE DIPPED OREO PENGUINS VIDEO
Enjoy this great recipe as an addition to a tasty meal, special family dinner or dinner party with these other recipes:
- Main Dish: Easy Family Favorite Lasagna – This classic side dish is easy to make and full of flavor!
- Ice Cream: Mint Oreo Ice Cream– This is our favorite ice cream!
- Ice Cream Cake: Homemade Oreo Ice Cream Cake - What's not to love??
- Bread: Pizza Dough Garlic Knots – Dip these in your marinara! YUM!
- Drink: Hot Chocolate Bombs – Delicious and fun for all ages.
- parchment paper or waxed paper
- one microwave safe bowl for each color candy melt
- double boiler (optional)
Follow the full instructions and kitchen tips and quick tips for the best way to make this recipe. Don't forget to check the prep time and cook time in the recipe card below before you begin.
MELT WHITE CHOCOLATE: There are several ways to melt chocolate. The easiest way is to place white candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 30 second intervals until it is melted. The 30-second increments will help prevent the chocolate from burning. If your chocolate is nearly melted, only microwave for 10 seconds to make sure it isn't overcooked.
DIP COOKIES: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dip cookie into the melted white candy (or white chocolate chips), coating completely. Remove and place on parchment paper to harden completely.
MELT CHOCOLATE: Place chocolate candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 20 second, stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 20 second increments until it is melted.
DIP PENGUIN WINGS: Dip the cookie twice in chocolate to make the penguin wings. Place on parchment paper.
ADD NOSE AND FEET: Add penguin nose and feet before the chocolate hardens.
LET REST: Let penguins rest to fully harden at room temperature.
Storing your food properly is important to prevent spoiling or food poisoning.
STORE IN PANTRY: Store in an airtight container or ziploc bag for up to 3 days if you can't eat them all the same day.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click the questions to see the answer.
- 10 oz dark chocolate candy melts
- 10 oz white candy melts
- 12 Oreos
- 12 orange mini m&ms
- 24 candy eyeballs
- 25 little orange hearts for feet
- Heat the candy melts in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until candy is smooth and fluid. Be sure to heat the white melts and the chocolate melts in two separate bowls. You can do one at at time so that the candy doesn’t re-harden before you get to the second color.
- Use a fork or dipping tool to dip a cookie into the melted white candy, coating both sides. Tap the fork on the side of the bowl to help remove excess candy and then set the cookie on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Once the white candy coating has hardened did each side, dip each side of the cookie in chocolate.
- Add eyes, nose and feet.
- Let sit to harden.
MORE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- Air Fryer Naan Pizza
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Fried Fish Tacos
- Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Cookie for One