These chicken parm sliders taste just like the real thing, except no fork needed! Similar to a meatball sub, but less messy and is an easy party app or fun main course meal.
If you have a soft spot for the classic chicken parmesan, these oven baked meatball sliders are going to blow you away. Not only are they packed with flavor, but you will only need simple ingredients, which you probably already have at home.
MEATBALL SLIDER INGREDIENTS
You may have all of these meatball slider ingredients in your refrigerator or pantry and not need to make a trip to the grocery store! See recipe card below for ingredient amounts.
- Slider Buns: The Hawaiian Sweet Rolls are our favorite to use.
- Cheese: Fresh mozzarella really makes it, but an easier option is to grab some that is pre sliced from the store. You will also need grated mozzarella.
- Meatballs: Use our favorite chicken meatball recipe, or grab some from the frozen section.
- Marinara: Try the best homemade marinara sauce, it's delicious! As a quick and easy option you can purchase a jar from the store, like Rao's.
- Spices: Italian seasoning, garlic powder.
- Chicken Parmesan Meatball Sliders: In this version, we used our chicken meatballs to make chicken parmesan meatball sliders. You can also use cooked breaded chicken breast pieces in this recipe.
- Stuffed Meatball Sliders: Use our mozzarella stuffed meatballs to make these even cheesier.
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast: Instead of using chicken meatballs, make chicken breast in the Instant Pot and dice or shred it for the sliders.
- Italian Meatball Sliders: For a traditional meatball sub feel, use Stef's famous Italian meatballs.
- Turkey Meatball Sliders: Stuffed with spinach and cheese, turkey meatballs can easily be turned into sliders.
- Air Fryer meatball Sliders: An easier way than using the oven is making air fried meatballs.
Enjoy this great recipe as a great addition to a full meal with these other recipes:
- Italian Salad – Great when you are serving sliders as the main course.
- Marinara – The ulimate chicken meatball parm slider dipping sauce
- Spinach Dip – Another easy appetizer idea.
If you'd like to print this recipe, scroll down to the recipe card where you can print the recipe or have it scaled to double or triple. You'll also find nutrition information.
TOOLS AND SUPPLIES NEEDED:
- 9x13 baking dish
- measuring spoons and cups
- cutting board
PREHEAT OVEN AND PREP DISH: Grease a 9x13 baking dish and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
SLICE SLIDER ROLLS: Cut the slider rolls and place the bottom halves in the baking dish.
BRUSH ON BUTTER: Melt a tablespoon of butter in a small bowl and brush it on the bottom half of the rolls.
ADD MARINARA: Spread the marinara sauce on the rolls.
PLACE THE MEATBALLS: Put two chicken meatballs on each slider roll.
ADD THE CHEESE: Top each roll with a slice of mozzarella, followed by the parmesan cheese.
ADD THE TOP BUNS: Place the top rolls on the cheese.
BASTE WITH BUTTER: Brush the sliders with melted butter.
ADD SPICES: Sprinkle the top with black pepper and Italian seasoning.
COOKING TIME: Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
UNCOVER: After 20 minutes, uncover the sliders and continue cooking for another 3 to 5 minutes.
Refrigerate: Keep leftover sliders in the fridge in an air tight container or ziploc bag up to 3 days.
Freeze: We don't recommend freezing chicken parm sliders because of the sauce. Once it's thawed, the rolls may become soggy.
Meatball Sub Bombs: Great for any occasion and easy to make.
Pesto Fettuccine and Meatballs: A flavorful twist on a classic pasta recipe.
Chicken Parm Sandwich Bake: All of your favorite Italian flavors packed into one sandwich.
Meatball Calzone: Made with a pizza crust dough outside and can be taken on the go.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 12 slider rolls
- 12 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 24 cooked chicken meatballs
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup marinara sauce plus more for dipping
- ⅓ cup grated mozzarella plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling on top
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Slice slider rolls in half. Put the bottom half in the baking dish.
- Brush 1 tablespoon of melted butter on the rolls.
- Spread ⅓ cup marinara sauce over bottom of rolls.
- Place 2 meatballs on each roll.
- Top each roll with a slice of mozzarella.
- Sprinkle ⅓ cup parmesan cheese on top of mozzarella.
- Place the slider roll tops on top of the cheese. Baste with 3 tablespoons of melted butter. Sprinkle top with Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve and eat.
- If you like your sliders extra buttery, add more melted butter before baking. Then baste the tops with butter when you remove from the oven.
- You can substitute the fresh mozzarella slices for other types of cheese like provolone or shredded mozzarella.
- If you add extra sauce to your slider rolls before cooking they may become soggy. If you like more sauce, consider putting a layer of cheese on the bread then sauce.